TPG Software Addresses New FASB Requirements for Impaired Asset Accounting
HOUSTON - TPG Software today announced enhancements to its investment and liability accounting solution, Portfolio Genius, to help financial institutions meet new financial statement reporting challenges. It will enable financial institutions to account for Other Than Temporarily Impaired (OTTI) assets in compliance with the newly-issued guidance on FAS157.
Slavek Rotkiewicz, President and Chief Technology Officer for TPG Software, said, "Financial institutions are required to demonstrate that their reporting is in compliance with the latest guidance on FAS157, which materially impacts income statement and balance sheet reporting."
The Portfolio Genius accounting solution not only covers all aspects of the newly proposed regulations, it also provides:
- An enterprise-wide view of a bank's investments and liabilities across the entire holdings
- Real-time analysis of position balances with drill-down capabilities
- The ability to perform stress testing, as well as scenario analyses to identify potential issues
- OTTI security valuation using Fitch Ratings’ Recovery Ratings Scale
- Accounting for multi-obligor securities
News and Events
TPG Solution for Debt Securities CECL